10SCIE - Introduction
Laboratory Expectations & Safety
- Safety is of utmost importance in the lab
- Safety glasses are to be worn at all times when conducting experiments
- Wear the larger glasses over your eye glasses
- Always wash your hands with soap after using chemicals
- No drinking or eating in the lab, even drink bottles
- Long hair must be tied up
- Loose jackets must be button/zipped up or taken off
- Bags should be stowed under tables and away from the walking areas
Lab Tidying Guide
Collect a lab tidying guide from the front and glue it into the front cover of your exercise book.
Open Google Classroom and find the oxygen experiment.
- Working in groups of up to 4, work through the experiment.
- Learn where the equipment is, and try find your way through the experiment.
- Ensure you follow your lab tidying guide at the end!