Ngā Whāinga Ako
- Get an overview for the history of the Earth
- Draw a vertical line in the center of your page and label it from top to bottom with: 5 billion years ago, 4 billion, 3 billion, 2 billion, 1 billion and now.
- Label one side Scientists Estimation and the other My Estimation.
Guess the dates of the following on your line:
- When the Earth was first formed
- When life first began
- When plants first appeared
- When dinosaurs first appeared
- When dinosaurs became extinct
- When early humans first appeared
- When humans started to record things
- When the Earth was first formed: 4.5 billion years ago
- When life first began: 3.5 billion years ago
- When plants first appeared: 470 million years ago
- When dinosaurs first appeared: 230 million years ago
- When dinosaurs became extinct: 65 million years ago
- When early humans first appeared: 200,000 years ago
- When humans started to record things: 5,000 years ago
Whakamātau: Toilet Paper Timeline
Research / Mahi Kāinga
- Find out how scientists have aged the Earth.
- What evidence have they used for their estimation.
- Bring your research to class tomorrow!