Use AAASpell to practice your spelling.
Use Quizlet to practice the definitions.
- Abiotic Factors: Non-living components of environment.
- Adaptation: A trait that helps an organism survive and reproduce
- Behavioural Adaptation: What an organism does to survive in the unique conditions of its environment
- Biotic Factors: All the living organisms that inhabit an environment
- Carbon Cycle: The movement of carbon from the nonliving environment into living things and back
- Carnivore: An organism that obtains energy by eating animals
- Community: A group of interdependent organisms inhabiting the same region and interacting with each other
- Consumer: An organism that obtains energy by feeding on other organisms
- Food Chain: A series of steps in an ecosystem in which organisms transfer energy by eating and being eaten
- Food Web: A community of organisms where there are several interrelated food chains
- Habitat: Place where an organism lives
- Herbicide: A substance used to kill plants, especially weeds
- Herbivore: An organism that obtains energy by eating only plants
- Niche: An organism’s particular role in an ecosystem, or how it makes its living.
- Omnivore: An organism that obtains energy by eating both plants and animals
- Organism: A living thing
- Parasite: An organism that feeds on a living host
- Physiological Adaptation: A physical or chemical event that occurs within the body of an organism and enables survival
- Predator: An animal that hunts other animals for food
- Prey: An organism that is killed and eaten by another organism
- Producer: An organism that can make its own food (typically from sunlight).
- Reproduction: The process of producing offspring
- Structural Adaptation: A physical feature of an organism’s body having a specific function that contributes to the survival of the organism
- Temperature: A measure of how hot or cold something is.
- Trophic Level: Each step in a food chain or food web