Skip to main content
Learning Outcomes / Ngā Whāinga Ako
- Explain what Pūtaiao is and why it is useful.
- To recall my responsibilities in keeping myself and others safe in Pūtaiao lessons.
- Describe, locate and draw the main pieces of equipment used in Pūtaiao lessons.
- Read scales accurately and use the correct units for my measurements.
- Label and draw the main parts of a Bunsen burner and explain the uses for each type of flame
- Name a famous scientist and explain why their work is so important.
- Explain how scientists use scientific method to investigate a hunch or question.
- Describe a fair test and explain the difference between independent, dependent and a control variable.
- Understand how to set up an tūhura and collect and display reliable data in tables and graphs.
Slides / Ngā Kirita🔗
- Bunsen Burner
- Laboratory Expectations
Unit Plan / Mahere Kōwae
|Akoranga 1||Akoranga 2||Akoranga 3|
|Week 1||Teacher Only Day||Introduction to Pūtaiao||Apparatus|
|Week 2||Using Apparatus||Bunsen Burner||Hypotheses (Leave)|
|Week 3||TwE TEST (Leave)||Famous Scientist (Leave)||Famous Scientist (Leave)|
|Week 4||Carrying out Tūhuras||Variables||Graphs|
|Week 5||Scientific Evidence||Revision||TEST|