9SCIE - Energy for Life
- Name two foods that you have eaten today that contain carbohydrates.
- What does your body use proteins for?
- Name two foods that contain heaps of fats.
Ngā Whāinga Ako
- Be able to create a healthy diet
All animals and plants need food. Food gives us the energy to carry out our life processes. To help us remember what the life processes are we use:
MRS C GREN
- M ovement
- R espiration
- S ensitivity
- C irculation
- G rowth
- R eproduction
- E xcretion
- N utrition
Use a full page of your book to make a poster explaining a special diet you have created.
- Include specific foods that are allowed/disallowed
- Perhaps a food pyramid
- The type of nutrients being focussed on in the diet
- Example meal plans